• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Big problem with Capture dates on Phone photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 7.3.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
For a while now I have been importing Phone photos into LR Classic. These take a lot longer to apply keywords etc. as they tend to be in small batches. However I am just about up to date and noticed that there are quite a few photos that have the wrong capture date and that the date could be out by many months. For some photos it is easy to find out the correct date and change. However, for the majority of photos I have absolutely no idea whether the capture date is correct or not. The problem appears to be worse for 3rd party photos that have been sent to my phone. Most photos taken by my phone appear to be correct.

Ok that's the situation. For the vast majority of Phone photos it is not terribly important to me whether the capture date is correct but if there is a quick fix then I would like to hear it. There are simply too many photos to start changing dates 1 by 1 (even if I knew the correct capture date).

It seems that LR is perhaps not the best reader of date information in a photo ? Can anyone recommend a good utility that will root out the correct capture date (assuming the information is actually there). Any other general advice would also be appreciated.

There's a bunch of weird capture times bugs in LR. How are these photos getting to LR - through sync or direct import?

There's a bunch of weird capture times bugs in LR. How are these photos getting to LR - through sync or direct import?

Through a combination of :-

1. Downloaded from phone to hard drive then imported (majority)
2. More recently via LRCC

I am noticing date errors photos imported using both methods

It might be worth checking the dates in the file for the problem photos, using http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi and see how they're recorded, and whether you can spot a difference there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back