• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

best way to send photos from LR cloudy ( my primary) to LR classic to print

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanS

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
  2. iOS
I have been using LR cloudy as my primary app and haven't used LR classic for several years. Now I want to print photos with the flexibility that LR classic offers.
I am aware from email discussion with Victoria that syncing from Cloudy to Classic is not recommended, so what is the best way to get raw/dng photos into classic without losing data by saving as jpeg and importing straightforwardly into classic from my hard drive.
Or am i missing something ??
LRcloudy, iPad Pro 2019,iPhone8Plus2018 and 2011 Macbook Air and 2012 iMac

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Cloudy to Classic is not recommended". If you turn on syncing in Classic, Cloudy will proceed to send and import all of the images in the Adobe Cloud that are not already in Classic. This might be more load that you anticipate, but you do not need to keep local copies of what is in the cloud in Classic if you are also storing image files locally with the Lightroom (cloudy) app

I started with Classic and decided to sync about 8000 of my best Classic photos to the cloud. Now I use Lightroom (Cloudy) as the front-end to import from the field using Lightroom on my iPadPro. All of my new files and Amy most important older files are in both cloudy and Classic.

This might be more load that you anticipate, but you do not need to keep local copies of what is in the cloud in Classic if you are also storing image files locally with the Lightroom (cloudy) app
The other way round. Lightroom Classic keeps a local copy of each image in its catalog, so also images downloaded from the cloud. Delete them and you’ll delete the images from the cloud too. You don’t have to keep local copies in Lightroom cloud however. That is optional.

If you don’t want all images in Lightroom Classic as well, then do not sync the Lightroom Classic catalog. Instead, when you want to print an image, save it as DNG from Lightroom cloud and import that DNG in Lightroom Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back