• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Best way to move from a bunch of Aperture Libraries to LR, finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoriaJZ

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
  2. macOS 12 Monterey
I have been using Aperture [Mac OS] since the beginning but obviously need to move on = and have LR now. I've been reviewing my many Aplibraries [I tended to create separate ones for topics rather than have everything inside one huge one] and deleting duplicates and will probably also get rid of -0-1-2 stars at least. But I already did one conversion of a library to LR to sort of see how it goes - and am not sure the simple conversion is a good way to go. Should I just put all the Aplibraries into one or several collected Aplibraries and then convert them? Or is there a better way to handle this? I can/will save the original Aplibraries but what's the best way to move the best images into LR? I do have Avalanche to use to do the conversion and it worked well so far - Any other suggestions or hints as to the best way to do this?

If you have Avalanche, then just use that on each library. There is no reason to first consolidate them.

If you have Avalanche, then just use that on each library. There is no reason to first consolidate them.
Thank. you! One less hassle == I assume tho that at least cleaning out duplicate images makes sense = fortunately the computer can just do it and I don't need to monitor it, but it's one step that = I suppose = is worth it since I can more easily do that inside Aperture than mess around in LR. Appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back