• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Best way to get images out of Lightroom app for non subscribers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reidthaler

Reid
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic, mobile
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I teach smartphone photography and recommend the Lightroom app to my students. Most of these don’t have an interest in either the photography program subscription service, nor the premium features available through the Lightroom app.

I’m looking for recommendations as to how to get their images safely off the phone and backed up, preferably without another cost involved. Currently, I recommend people sign up for a Google account, download the Google Drive, on their phone, then export their images from Lightroom. Then, I recommend people download Google backup and Sync on their computers where the images will be imported automatically.

Open to other suggestions, thoughts and ideas.

For iOS devices, regular full backup to either iCloud or iTunes (assuming a desktop compter is available) would be a good idea.

iCloud only offer 2 GB of storage so doesn't seem viable.

If iTunes, does the camera roll show up there? Can I download to the hard drive?

I just thought I'd revive this thread

How about Dropbox or Box? I just moved some videos off of my phone through Dropbox and it was painless. They appeared on my desktop computer almost instantly. They still have a referral program so each student can refer another and get additional storage for free. And if you do decide to use Dropbox, here is a referral code - Ken has invited you to join Dropbox! . I do not know if it benefits both parties, but it does give the referring party, me in this case, a small bump in storage.

Good luck,

--Ken

P.S. If the link does not allow you to open a free 2GB account, then skip it and use this link instead Dropbox Basic (Free account) .

Last edited:
I don't know why someone would want to get a dropbox account with 2 GB for free when you can get a free Google account with 15 GB. For the cost of paying for Dropbox, one could get the Creative Cloud which would more than address the issues I raised, and offer more than an overpriced dropbox.

I don't know why someone would want to get a dropbox account with 2 GB for free when you can get a free Google account with 15 GB. For the cost of paying for Dropbox, one could get the Creative Cloud which would more than address the issues I raised, and offer more than an overpriced dropbox.
I would agree that the paid Dropbox offering is not a good deal, but the free Dropbox account is quite handy. I have several Google accounts as well but do not use their Drive service. If you need that amount of online storage, then it is a good option. But since you now have a solution, I am not clear why you revived this thread?

--Ken

Because I wanted to see if somebody came up with a better solution than I had

I am not aware of anybody offering more free storage than Google, but I would be interested to know if somebody is.

Good luck,

--Ken

https://www.goodcloudstorage.net/cloud-research/free-cloud-storage/

Free Cloud Storage – Full Lists​

No.ProvidersFree Storage
1pCloud10GB
2Google Drive15GB
3Dropbox2GB
4Amazon Cloud Drive5GB
5OneDrive Basic5GB
6IDrive5GB
7Sync5GB
8iCloud5GB
9Box10GB
10Mega50GB 15GB free storage is the actual permanent storage that the
user will be enjoying as a free user, while the additional 35GB
will expire after one month of signup.
11Jumpshare2GB
12Yandex Disk10GB
13MediaFire10GB
14Alibaba OSS5GB
15HiDrive5GB
16Syncplicity10GB
17Degoo100GB
18Zoho5GB
19MyDrive100MB
20Bitrix245GB
21FlipDrive10GB
22LetsUpload100GB
23Trainbit20GB
24Flickr1000 Pic
25Blomp20GB
26Icedrive10GB
27Jottacloud5GB
28JioCloud2GB
29Koofr2GB
30The Good Cloud2GB
31Getspace50GB

https://www.goodcloudstorage.net/cloud-research/free-cloud-storage/

Free Cloud Storage – Full Lists​

No.ProvidersFree Storage
1pCloud10GB
2Google Drive15GB
3Dropbox2GB
4Amazon Cloud Drive5GB
5OneDrive Basic5GB
6IDrive5GB
7Sync5GB
8iCloud5GB
9Box10GB
10Mega50GB 15GB free storage is the actual permanent storage that the
user will be enjoying as a free user, while the additional 35GB
will expire after one month of signup.
11Jumpshare2GB
12Yandex Disk10GB
13MediaFire10GB
14Alibaba OSS5GB
15HiDrive5GB
16Syncplicity10GB
17Degoo100GB
18Zoho5GB
19MyDrive100MB
20Bitrix245GB
21FlipDrive10GB
22LetsUpload100GB
23Trainbit20GB
24Flickr1000 Pic
25Blomp20GB
26Icedrive10GB
27Jottacloud5GB
28JioCloud2GB
29Koofr2GB
30The Good Cloud2GB
31Getspace50GB
Thanks for the list. I am not sure how comfortable I would be with a provider I had never heard of (e.g. Degoo or Blomp), but it looks like there are lots of choices.

--Ken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back