• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Best Pref/Interface for visually impaired

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikecox

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
I've looked at the IF preferences and worry that I may change too many options, or get the wrong combinations and end up forgetting what I changed. yada yada

Can someone suggest a set of changes to the IF that will make the text very WHITE and the background very Black as well as a way to make the text a bit larger?

I have to lean in to see these dropdown lists

btw this shot looks larger than the text in the actual app.

1664147647106.png

Here's how Lr interface text size compares .

I thought I would try changing the system resolution but it's only in Lr where the interface text is small

1664389417668.png

Mike, have you tried the Font Size pop-up in Preferences > Interface?

Mike, have you tried the Font Size pop-up in Preferences > Interface?
Yes I have but that option doesn't seem to effect the text in the panels. I have it set to Medium at this point

Yes I have but that option doesn't seem to effect the text in the panels. I have it set to Medium at this point
Try the larger sizes, e.g. 150% or 200%. On my Windows 10, there's very little difference between Small and Medium but much larger differences with the larger sizes. I've attached screenshots below -- you'll have to download them to see them at their true sizes.

Note that the size of the menu bar isn't controlled by Preferences > Font Size but rather Windows' Settings > System > Display > Scale And Layout. Also note that LR has a bunch of glitches the larger you set its Font Size, and Adobe has never been concerned enough to fix them.

small.png

medium.png

150.png

200.png
250.png

I never went to 150% because I just knew it would be overkill...it isn't! Also thanks for the OS settings path. And I get it, regards the glitch but messing with fonts often leads to presentation issues; across all apps and browsers, so I'm careful about overdoing it.

Thanks for your help. You always come to the rescue

Try the larger sizes, e.g. 150% or 200%. On my Windows 10, there's very little difference between Small and Medium but much larger differences with the larger sizes. I've attached screenshots below -- you'll have to download them to see them at their true sizes.

Note that the size of the menu bar isn't controlled by Preferences > Font Size but rather Windows' Settings > System > Display > Scale And Layout. Also note that LR has a bunch of glitches the larger you set its Font Size, and Adobe has never been concerned enough to fix them.

View attachment 19482
View attachment 19483
View attachment 19484
View attachment 19485View attachment 19486
I have a new monitor with a 2569x1440 display, now the text size in the panels is really small, I 100% agree there is no difference between small and medium and the large is just too big. Has this been reported as a bug? How can I report it to Adobe? Maybe if lots of folks report, they may fix it... :)

Both Mac and Windows have similar behavior, with very small differences between the two smallest font sizes. Adobe is more likely to call this an Idea (feature request) than a Bug, because it's been behaving like this for years, because a product manager almost certainly reviewed the behavior when it was first implemented, and because of management incentives to reduce the number of open bugs. But it doesn't really matter what they call it, because practically, Adobe won't address the issue unless many users complain. I'm currently getting all the various threads about this in the Adobe forum merged into one Idea, to increase the number of votes and visibility of the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back