• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Beginner post

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariah1902

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
2.x
Hi my name is Mariah and I am a graphics designer. I am a huge fan of light room as it is very easy to use and user friendly. I am new here and I have never been on a photo editing forum before. i have heard that people here get help and also help others. I would really love to join this community. Please if you have any advice for me, let me know.

Hi Mariah

Welcome to the Forums. We're sure you'll enjoy the various tips and help here.

Hi Roelof, your insta looks great, do you use light room as well to edit your photos ?. Please let me know.
Thank you! I'm using Lightroom primary as a DAM but i do also most of my development in it these days.

Like i mentioned, there is no ‘pro’ edition of lightroom...
There are 3 or 4 subscription packages that are of interest.
  • Photography: Lightroom (Cloud), Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, and 20GB of cloud storage
  • Photography: Lightroom (Cloud), Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, and 1TGB of cloud storage
  • Lightroom plan with 1 TB: only includes the cloud version of Lightroom. No Lightroom Classic and no Photoshop

You will need to choose one of these subscriptions that best fits your needs.

There are 3 or 4 subscription packages that are of interest.
  • Photography: Lightroom (Cloud), Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, and 20GB of cloud storage
  • Photography: Lightroom (Cloud), Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, and 1TGB of cloud storage
  • Lightroom plan with 1 TB: only includes the cloud version of Lightroom. No Lightroom Classic and no Photoshop

You will need to choose one of these subscriptions that best fits your needs.
Hi thank you for your amazing reply, the thing is I wanted to know that whether I would get something extra if I subscribe or just the regular one. The thing is I wanted to subscribe this but I am hesitating just for the fact that it is not something extra. I love lightroom and I am using the trial version, once this is over I will be in a big trouble.

Hi thank you for your amazing reply, the thing is I wanted to know that whether I would get something extra if I subscribe or just the regular one. ...
Let me make a suggestion. Subscribe to the Photography pals the includes Lightroom Classic, Lightroom (Cloudy), Photoshop and 20GB of cloud storage. If you manage the cloud storage, you can get by with the 20GB initially. Start with Lightroom Classic
Learn to use its features and functions. When you want to use the mobile features you can explore the cloudy features.

Later if you decide that you need more cloud storage, you can switch to the Classic w/ 1TB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let me make a suggestion. Subscribe to the Photography pals the includes Lightroom Classic, Lightroom (Cloudy), Photoshop and 20GB of cloud storage. If you manage the cloud storage, you can get by with the 20GB initially. Start with Lightroom Classic
Learn to use its features and functions. When you want to use the mobile features you can explore the cloudy features.

Later if you decide that you need more cloud storage, you can switch to the Classic w/ 1TB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi ! thank you for your reply. I totally understand what you are trying to say. Lightroom classic is my favourite and I use it more often. The one thing that no one is answering me is that whether or not I would get something extra if I subscribe one ?. If I continue to use the trial version and never buy one would I not get the extra facilities that the paid one are offering ?. I only use lightroom to edit my photos. Even the photos which are meant to be kept raw I edit them and use a very little effect to just enhance the picture. I really love light room so I am saying that as I use this for my daily photo editing software, should I buy the paid one or just stick with the trial one. What are the facilities that I will get if I buy the paid one?.

The trial version is the full version....but it's only for 7 days. If you continue to use it after that you will lose access to the Develop and Map modules, and cloud syncing.

If you continue to use it after that you will lose access to the Develop and Map modules, and cloud syncing.
I doubt that any use is possible after a 7-day Trial. I understood that the limited use was only possible after a full subscription has expired.

So Mariah1902- You say "Lightroom classic is my favourite and I use it more often"
Nothing is 'Free'. You either pay a subscription fee to continue using, or Lr becomes limited as stated above by Jim. If you have never paid a subscription- then after 7-days it all stops.

I doubt that any use is possible after a 7-day Trial. I understood that the limited use was only possible after a full subscription has expired.
AFAIK there is no difference between an expired trial and an expired subscription.

So Mariah1902- You say "Lightroom classic is my favourite and I use it more often"
Nothing is 'Free'. You either pay a subscription fee to continue using, or Lr becomes limited as stated above by Jim. If you have never paid a subscription- then after 7-days it all stops.

Hi ! I see light, I know nothing is free. The truth is I was actually researching for a method to try the software even after the trial period without paying. So after all the research I came up with fact that it cannot be done. I use light room on my I phone and the trial period ended yesterday and I do even have a credit card to pay the dollar. I live in Bangladesh and here paying internationally is quite a hassle. That was the reason I was searching for an alternating method so that I do not have to pay via card. Creating card over here is difficult and with any credit card you cannot pay internationally. You have to search fir the bank which allows you to convert BDT to dollar. I hope I am making senses to you people. So is there any way that I can use the software without going through the bank trouble ?. I know that I have already told you guys that it cannot be done, but if you guys know any thing please let me know. I really want to continue using it.

If you sign out of the mobile app, you can use it in "free" mode, although it's a bit more limited in what it can do. Or you can pay for a mobile app through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, if you have access to those.

Hi Victoria, thanks for replying. I know that we can use the free version and it lacks some of the main features and that is why I was looking for help. The thing is I want to enjoy the full version but I have no international card by which I can pay the required dollar on play store. I was seeking for some alternative way by which I can enjoy the full version without these card hassles. I am pretty sure some of us over here k ow the trick and I really need to know. I am helpless as in our country paying internationally is quite a hassle as most of the banks do not offer convert money into dollars. Please if you know any other method let me know.

The only other option is to find a local official reseller who can sell it in your local currency. We can't (and won't) share any illegal workarounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back