Beginner here, first post, editing question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

illbird

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
CC 2015
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hey guys, Its my first post here, I'm only recently getting into photography, and specifically drone photography. I was wondering how you remove the white fade at the top of the photo.

Attachments

• 2018-05-31 19_46_11-Lightroom.png
    2018-05-31 19_46_11-Lightroom.png
    794 KB · Views: 335
Welcome to the forum. the White Fade is most likely Haze or overexposed sky. If you shot this in RAW you have more control over post processing, You can reduce the exposure setting and boost shadows AND use the Dehaze tool

The sun is setting, or rising, in the top right-hand corner of that image.
It is clearly a bit of a dusty or hazy day.

The best way of dealing with a scenario like this is in-camera.
Try a polarising filter - these work best when orientated at 90 degrees to the direction of the sunlight.
Clearly, shooting via a drone means a lot of thought and planning prior to shooting is necessary to use a polariser effectively with a camera attached to a drone...

Also, depending on the cause of that haze,, shooting at a different time of day may help. I get the impression that this was a late afternoon shot. There is often more atmospheric haze late in the day than compared to early morning - unless the cause is a temperature inversion which is always worse around sunrise. Either way, if you want to become a successful outdoor photographer it is essential that you learn to understand the physics of light as well as the weather and atmospheric conditions that affect the light...

Cletus is entirely correct when he suggests shooting in raw - it makes any post-processing required MUCH easier to accomplish - however, issues such as yours are much more effectively dealt with in-camera!

Tony Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back