Batch editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darjon

Hey Guys,

I've seen a PS script out there that allows you to select a set on images(lets say 2'). The script opens an image in Photoshop, allows you to do whatever, you push an assigned button, and the script saves the file, closes the file, and then opens the next file in the list.

This would be killer in my Lightroom work flow.

Can it be done?
Can someone think of a workaround?

D-

Hi Darjon
I'm not sure if I really understand what you mean with "...allows you to do whatever..." - but in LR you can save virtually every setting as a preset and apply this to any number of images you select.
You could take an image, make all your development settings, for example a bw conversion, save them as a preset which you then can apply to other similar images.

Is this what you are looking for?

I know the script you mean Darjon! It's great!

Are you thinking you want to do an Edit in Photoshop in sequence? I'd be more inclined to Export to Jpg, with a LR link back in the Export Actions so that they reimport into LR. And then just use that script to open each image in PS.

That said, very few of my images need to go near PS any more... what are you doing in PS that requires you to open every image?

Victoria,

I'm liking LR more and more as far as my workflow is concerned.
But I still find some images that need a little TLC or my own special touch.
Dodging and burning, some manual vinyetting, I still use a few custom action, and
skin softening.

I like your idea and I've already gotten it to work quite well.
After edits and developing in LR, I make a selection on images that need a little TLC,export with the do droplet after export selected. PS is loaded, the script asks me which folder I want to work on, and it opens and saves my files for me one by one, after the TLC of course.

Thanks for the help.

That's great to hear Darjon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back