• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module "Batch" Defringe and add "Lens profile"

David Rigg

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Can anyone point me in the right direction toward an import workflow that would apply "manual defringe" to my drone raw files automatically on import? I need to run defringe on the raw files before merging to HDR. Running "CA" on import doesn't do it.

I'm assuming I need to create a pre-set to do this. Just not sure how.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

There are probably several ways to approach this. The most straight forward would be to go to develop mode and click on the plus(+) in the Presets panel. This will open a context menu with an option to create a Preset. Clicking on that will open the Presets creation dialog. Name your preset and check the boxes for "Remove Chromatic Aberration and Enable profile corrections. You can add any others that you want to apply on import and finally press the {Create} button to save the preset

If you created this in the User Presets group it will appear there in the Preset panel. Right Click on your new preset and choose "Apply on import" from the context menu.

Last edited:
"Manual Defringe" is not one of the options for making an import pre-set.

Any other ideas?

Screenshot-(179).jpg

"Manual Defringe" is not one of the options for making an import pre-set.

Any other ideas?

View attachment 23031

The purple and green edges are caused by Chromatic Aberration. Does simply correcting for CA get you where you need to be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The purple and green edges are caused by Chromatic Aberration. Does simply correcting for CA get you where you need to be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's caused by the "Quad-Bayer" sensor in the drone. CA does not remove it, but a bit of "Manual Defringe" on the purple slider works nicely. I just don't want to have to apply it to several hundred images individually.

Back