The Turning Gate
- Oct 13, 2007
- Seoul, South Korea
- Lightroom Experience
- Power User
- Lightroom Version
BACKLIGHT allows photographers to create a website in mere minutes, then to be publishing image galleries via Lightroom's Publish Services immediately. Literally, go from install to images in minutes.
Backlight is created by The Turning Gate (TTG), creators of Lightroom's most popular and powerful Web module plugins since 2007. Backlight is not, however, a plugin.
Consider Backlight a full replacement for Lightroom's Web module. It installs in your web space, operates at your domain, and comes with no subscription fees. It also puts your content first, allowing you to get up-and-running quickly with pages and image galleries, all of which can be customized at your leisure. Whether you needed your website five minutes ago, or you have days or weeks ahead of you to scope the site to your needs, Backlight gets the job done with ease.
Backlight is packed with features, is actively supported by its developers and an enthusiastic community of users, and is in active development, evolving and receiving new features and add-ons with regular updates.
Backlight's features include:
* Create albums, and organize albums into sets from within your Lightroom catalog, using Publish Services.
* Create pages -- Home, About, Contact, etc. -- to accompany your image portfolio, with Markdown support for text formatting, and flexible contact forms.
* Fully customize the look and feature set of your website's pages and galleries with immediate visual feedback, using Backlight's built-in designer.
* Websites are fully responsive, built for desktop and mobile browsers alike. Galleries support swipe navigation and pinch-to-zoom gestures on touch-screens.
* Password protect albums and album sets.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg!
Several add-ons are also available for Backlight:
Our must-have Client Response Add-on facilitates communication between the photographer and client following a photo shoot. It allows clients to make image selects and provide feedback, sent to the photographer's email in a format easily processed using Lightroom's Library filters.
Our Cart Add-on allows digital images or physical prints to be sold directly from your galleries, and can also be used to sell other goods or services from your website. The cart supports online payments through PayPal, or can be configured for invoiced checkout (collect payment later, in your own way, and mark the order complete for delivery thereafter).
BACKLIGHT does all this and more! Buy your copy today, visit our example galleries, find more information or make inquiries at The Turning Gate.
Upgrade pricing is available for customers of our CE4 Lightroom plugins.
You can also check out our setup demonstration on YouTube. In 12-minutes, we take you from unzipping Backlight's files to publishing your first image gallery online.