• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Back up sync problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light

Light
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 10.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi,

Can anyone advise me, please? I am using LR Classic on Windows 10.
What effect will deleting folders in the “Previews” and “Smart Previews” folders have on the stability of the catalogue?

I have 2 folders that are corrupted and will not sync with One Drive in the cloud, and this is significantly slowing my backups and syncing. It happened after LRC crashed while I was part way through uploading a few hundred images. Before that, things were running fine.

1623081001357.png

1623081021649.png

Note – although the folder is named Lightroom Classic backup, it is not in fact the backup but is my current LRC catalogue. It is stored on my desktop in my One Drive folder which is constantly synced with One Drive in the cloud.

Thank you for your help.

What folder is the master catalog file “Lightroom Catalog-3-v10.lrcat” located? It does not seem to be in this folder with these previews folders. In the same folder as your master catalog should be the active previews folders.

As long as that holds true, you should be able to delete the folders inside “/Lightroom Classic Backup”. You might want to keep the folder named “Old backups”. If it contains backup catalogs that you want to retain.

Deleting these folders is not going to help or hinder your Lightroom performance. It should clear up your OneDrive sync issues. None of these folders are necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What folder is the master catalog file “Lightroom Catalog-3-v10.lrcat” located? It does not seem to be in this folder with these previews folders. In the same folder as your master catalog should be the active previews folders.

As long as that holds true, you should be able to delete the folders inside “/Lightroom Classic Backup”. You might want to keep the folder named “Old backups”. If it contains backup catalogs that you want to retain.

Deleting these folders is not going to help or hinder your Lightroom performance. It should clear up your OneDrive sync issues. None of these folders are necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it is in there:
1623090437041.png

OK, then here is what is going to happen if you delete these Previews folders: Lightroom will require these folder to be present and if you delete them Lightroom will create new empty folders and proceed to build new previews for the future files that you access in the Lightroom Grid and Develop modules. No harm will come to Lightroom but you might experience a slight delay if Lightroom needs to build a preview to show you a develop or library view.

Thank you so much, Cletus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back