• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Autosync with a Preset resets any Crops

Cerdic Elesing

Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 10.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
LR Classic 10.4
Windows 10 Home version 2004

I am having a problem with the Autosync function which when I use it to apply a preset keeps resetting any crops I have performed.

I normally use the Autosync at the beginning of developing a batch, and before any cropping has been done so have never seen this before.

Today after processing a number of images including croppng I wanted to apply a Colour Grading preset across the batch, but when I used it I noticed that all the crops had been reset. My first thought was that the preset had inadevertently included a crop setting, but it doesn't. In fact I remade the preset to be sure. I also tested using numerous other presets, including a number of the ones installed recently as part of an update. Results were the same. Whenever I use Autosync with a preset any crops are resets.

The History for any Autosynced images just shows the preset as applied. If you toggled between the preset and the previous action you can see the preset and the crop reset being undone and then applied

Is there a setting I am missing or is this a bug?

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
A workaround while awaiting the fix: Go to Library Grid view (g). Select the desired photos and then apply the preset using the Saved Preset menu in the Quick Develop panel in the right column.

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...e-images-transfer-all-settings/idi-p/12342398
and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.