• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Auto Import from Watched Folder no longer working

Status
Not open for further replies.

norske

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 10.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
About a month ago I moved to a new PC. I recently realized that the Auto Import setup I used on the old machine is not working.
Win 10 (OS Build 19041.630)

I've tried to re-create the source and destination folders to no avail.

1) is Auto Import still working for others?
2) if so... any guidance on what to try next? It's such a handy feature to quickly get images (from e-mail or other sources) into LrC.

Thanks in advance,
Terry

I just tested it earlier today for another user. I suggest you do File > Auto Import > Auto Import Settings and post a screenshot.

Here's a screenshot:
1606971953150.png

Attachments

• LrC Watch 2.JPG
    LrC Watch 2.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 130
  • LrC Watch 3.JPG
    LrC Watch 3.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 130
I suggest you try something very simple: Make two folders, Desktop\from and Desktop\to. Watch the first and set the destination to the second, with no Subfolder set and no Keywords set. Does that work?

SOLVED.
John - I set up the simple to/from with no keyword import.
The single file I'd been trying to import was a GIF. When I tried a JPG it worked like a charm.
Then I went back to original settings - and the same thing. GIF was a no-import, but anyJPG would quickly disappear from the Watched folder.

I'm presuming the answer is that certain file types will not be Auto Import(ed) - including a GIF.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back