• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Aurora HDR 2018 Trial Version??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonB

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I use Lightroom Classic CC on my Windows 10 desktop. For HDR editing I've used the Nik Collection (HDR Efex Pro 2) with some success. I recently downloaded a trial 14 day trial version of Aurora HDR 2018. At this point I know virtually nothing about the Aurora software.

What I would like to try is to "hand off" bracketed images to Aurora in a manner similar to what I do when using HDR Efex Pro 2. HDR Efex Pro 2 returns the hdr edited image in a .tiff file back to Lightroom. I think .... but not sure ... that Aurora can do something similar. I guess I need to set up Aurora as a "plugin" but I'm not sure exactly how to do this. So my questions are:

1. How to setup an Aurora plugin?
2. And if you have an opinion how does Aurora compare to HDR Efex Pro 2?
3. Any other HDR software I should be considering?

Thanks so much..........

Just curious: Are you not considering Lightroom's Merge to HDR or the (included in your subscription) Photoshop's Merge to HDR pro?

I use Lightroom Classic CC on my Windows 10 desktop. For HDR editing I've used the Nik Collection (HDR Efex Pro 2) with some success. ......
3. Any other HDR software I should be considering?

I use both Lightroom and Photomatix Pro.
Lightroom returns a pretty good .dng file which is generally quite realistic. It does need some post process work.
When I want a bit more enhancement, I will use Photomatix Pro which returns a tiff to LR.

Just curious: Are you not considering Lightroom's Merge to HDR or the (included in your subscription) Photoshop's Merge to HDR pro?
Thanks Rikk, I think I messed up with my post. (I'm a dinosaur) The first thing I do is a photo merge in Lightroom .... then send the merged image to HDR Efex Pro 2. I have not yet tried anything in Photoshop........ which returns a Tiff file back to Lightroom.

I use both Lightroom and Photomatix Pro.
Lightroom returns a pretty good .dng file which is generally quite realistic. It does need some post process work.
When I want a bit more enhancement, I will use Photomatix Pro which returns a tiff to LR.
Thanks Jimmsp ......... I've heard of Photomatix Pro have never used it.... just like I haven't used Aurora HDR.... Thanks again.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back