Aurora HDR 2018 Trial Version??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonB

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I use Lightroom Classic CC on my Windows 10 desktop. For HDR editing I've used the Nik Collection (HDR Efex Pro 2) with some success. I recently downloaded a trial 14 day trial version of Aurora HDR 2018. At this point I know virtually nothing about the Aurora software.

What I would like to try is to "hand off" bracketed images to Aurora in a manner similar to what I do when using HDR Efex Pro 2. HDR Efex Pro 2 returns the hdr edited image in a .tiff file back to Lightroom. I think .... but not sure ... that Aurora can do something similar. I guess I need to set up Aurora as a "plugin" but I'm not sure exactly how to do this. So my questions are:

1. How to setup an Aurora plugin?
2. And if you have an opinion how does Aurora compare to HDR Efex Pro 2?
3. Any other HDR software I should be considering?

Thanks so much..........

Just curious: Are you not considering Lightroom's Merge to HDR or the (included in your subscription) Photoshop's Merge to HDR pro?

I use Lightroom Classic CC on my Windows 10 desktop. For HDR editing I've used the Nik Collection (HDR Efex Pro 2) with some success. ......
3. Any other HDR software I should be considering?

I use both Lightroom and Photomatix Pro.
Lightroom returns a pretty good .dng file which is generally quite realistic. It does need some post process work.
When I want a bit more enhancement, I will use Photomatix Pro which returns a tiff to LR.

Just curious: Are you not considering Lightroom's Merge to HDR or the (included in your subscription) Photoshop's Merge to HDR pro?
Thanks Rikk, I think I messed up with my post. (I'm a dinosaur) The first thing I do is a photo merge in Lightroom .... then send the merged image to HDR Efex Pro 2. I have not yet tried anything in Photoshop........ which returns a Tiff file back to Lightroom.

I use both Lightroom and Photomatix Pro.
Lightroom returns a pretty good .dng file which is generally quite realistic. It does need some post process work.
When I want a bit more enhancement, I will use Photomatix Pro which returns a tiff to LR.
Thanks Jimmsp ......... I've heard of Photomatix Pro have never used it.... just like I haven't used Aurora HDR.... Thanks again.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back