• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Are there any benefits using LR cc and LR classic together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffbutton

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello there, I am using the creative cloud monthly subscription and I'm wondering are there any benefits to using both CC and Classic together. I only use LR classic at the moment, is it easy to sync, does it have a major impact on storage requirements etc?
Thanking you in advance,
geoffbutton

I don't believe there is any real benefit to running them on the same computer.

But if you use a secondary computer, then there can be benefits as you'd install Cloudy Lightroom on your other computer. You can import files into it, and they'll automatically appear in your main Classic catalogue. It's like having Lightroom Mobile on your other laptop.

I have Lightroom desktop installed on my computer too, for only one reason. Profiles and presets do not sync from Lightroom Classic, so if I create a new preset that I would like to have on my mobile devices too, or if I create a custom profile, I use Lightroom desktop to sync it to the cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back