• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Applying a Keyword Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael8765

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I've made a keyword set and now, can't for the life of me, see a way of applying it.

How do I apply a keyword set to a group of photos already in my catalogue?

How do I apply a keyword set to a group of photos that I'm importing?

You can't apply a keyword set as such. A set is just 1-9 keywords visually grouped together. They are also "assignable" by using the quick-keys Alt-1 to Alt-9. Hold the Alt-key down and you'll see the numbers 1-9 appear next to the keywords in the set. Of course, you can assign those keywords the normal way also, by just clicking their boxes in the keyword list, or typing the words in the tag field.

By the way, Alt-0 will cycle through the different sets you have.

Sadly keyword sets are only marginally more useful than a keyword list in its current iteration for the reasons you are discovering.
Hopefully Lr5 will see some significant upgrades in the workings of the Library module.

Tony Jay

If you want to apply a bunch of keywords in one shot, add them to a metadata preset.

John

Thanks John - I think that's the way to go for this long term project that has me uploading 50 images here and 100 there to a collection over a period of time. btw - i'm finding your book on Advanced B&W to be quite helpful - thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back