Apply several layers of filters to search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnicole

This must be an obvious thing, but after half an hour searching the adobe help and here, I'm not seeing it.

I have a catalog of textures I've created that I sort several different ways. Ratings, collections, keywords, etc. I've also set a flag to indicate the one's I've published to zenfolio. I'd like to be able to search by different filters at the same time. Example, all my 5 star textures that have not been published (not flagged) and are keyworded Brown.

By the way, can you think of a better way to indicate which have been published? I thought of doing a collection, but would I be able to tell if I was browsing a different collection that the image belonged to the published collection as well? (Haven't figured this out either-how to tell what collections an image is in besides the one you are searching.)

Oops. I forgot. I put a color label to indicate published.

Oh, I think I may have just stumbled on something. I held down shift in Attributes and got 5 star and color label published.

OK, so I just tried to do a search of 5 star rated, with color label none and came up with nothing. Do I actually need to label things with a color label of none if I want to use this system?

Are you publishing to Zenfolio manually or are you publishing from LR via a plugin?

Most of Jeffrey's plugins add two metadata fields:

1. Uploaded to XXXX
2. Date uploaded to XXXX

These are there for Facebook, Flickr and Picassa. I don't use Zenfolio but I suspect they are there as well.

If you go to your library filter and sort for Metadata and change one of your columns to display the Uploaded to: field it should filter for you.

Smart Collection filtering should have the option as well.

Hey, that's fantastic. Yes, it does add that! Great to know.

Ah, I see I can choose yes or no. Thanks so much for that! I still have some things to figure out about the filters, but this helps tremendously.

[quote author=lnicole link=topic=1129'.msg75863#msg75863 date=1286779397]
This must be an obvious thing, but after half an hour searching the adobe help and here, I'm not seeing it.

I have a catalog of textures I've created that I sort several different ways. Ratings, collections, keywords, etc. I've also set a flag to indicate the one's I've published to zenfolio. I'd like to be able to search by different filters at the same time. Example, all my 5 star textures that have not been published (not flagged) and are keyworded Brown.

By the way, can you think of a better way to indicate which have been published? I thought of doing a collection, but would I be able to tell if I was browsing a different collection that the image belonged to the published collection as well? (Haven't figured this out either-how to tell what collections an image is in besides the one you are searching.)
[/quote]

Well... can't you just select several criteria in the filter bar? With "Attribute" you can search for flags and stars, and with "Metadata" you can search for keywords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back