• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Apple's 64-bit configuration .. will Lr (perpetual) be compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizzieB

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version 5.7
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi there - I use Lr5 .. the most updated version of it available to me on my Mac desktop...... I'm concerned about the transition Apple is making to the 64-bit configuration & how that will/won't affect the usability of Lr5. From my understanding, Apple is leaving it up to individual companies as to whether or not they will upgrade their programs to be compatible w/ this change. I know Adobe is trying to funnel people into using their subscription services, so am wondering whether they will bother updating the older, non-cloud versions of their programs. Has anyone heard anything on this? I've tried to do a little research on it but haven't found any info at all......

I am fairly sure Adobe already announced that there will be no more updates to the Lr 5 or Lr 6 releases.

Hi Lizzie, welcome to the forum!

We don't have any definitive information on whether LR5 will run on the next version of macOS yet. Lightroom 5 itself is 64-bit, but some components are not, so it's not looking promising right now I'm afraid.

Hi there - I use Lr5 .. the most updated version of it available to me on my Mac desktop...... I'm concerned about the transition Apple is making to the 64-bit configuration & how that will/won't affect the usability of Lr5. From my understanding, Apple is leaving it up to individual companies as to whether or not they will upgrade their programs to be compatible w/ this change. I know Adobe is trying to funnel people into using their subscription services, so am wondering whether they will bother updating the older, non-cloud versions of their programs. Has anyone heard anything on this? I've tried to do a little research on it but haven't found any info at all......
Hi Lizzie, this summer will the new OS for macs be presented. Afaik it will be 65K only. So I suppose it will be safer to wait with upgrading until it is found out by others whether LTR perpetual will run or not.
I would wait anyway until the third or fourth update of that new OS seeing the that the first OS releases always have lots of issues.
Lex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back