• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Apple ProRaw format support

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcasan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I wonder how long before Adobe and other software houses will support the new Apple ProRaw format in iPhone 12? With Apple delivering the cameras starting in November, you know there will be a ton of holiday shots made with that format. It will be interesting to see what LrC and CR can do with those images.

IIRC, it was a month or two before Adobe released an update including the HEIC format. I expect it will be a similar lag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think ProRaw is out yet. On this Apple page it states in the footnotes "5. Apple ProRAW will be available in a future iOS 14 update for iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.". I couldn't see any sign of a developer SDK Apple was making available.

I don't think ProRaw is out yet. On this Apple page it states in the footnotes "5. Apple ProRAW will be available in a future iOS 14 update for iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.". I couldn't see any sign of a developer SDK Apple was making available.
On another webpage it was announced that ProRaw would be available for the iPhonePro later in 2020. Apple is usually pretty close on their release dates. So we could see it this year.

I would bet Adobe already has the format info under NDA. So maybe we will get at least a small update to Lr and Cr by mid December. It will be interesting to see what Lidar focusing does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back