Apple ProRaw format support

mcasan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I wonder how long before Adobe and other software houses will support the new Apple ProRaw format in iPhone 12? With Apple delivering the cameras starting in November, you know there will be a ton of holiday shots made with that format. It will be interesting to see what LrC and CR can do with those images.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I don't think ProRaw is out yet. On this Apple page it states in the footnotes "5. Apple ProRAW will be available in a future iOS 14 update for iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.". I couldn't see any sign of a developer SDK Apple was making available.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I don't think ProRaw is out yet. On this Apple page it states in the footnotes "5. Apple ProRAW will be available in a future iOS 14 update for iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.". I couldn't see any sign of a developer SDK Apple was making available.
On another webpage it was announced that ProRaw would be available for the iPhonePro later in 2020. Apple is usually pretty close on their release dates. So we could see it this year.

mcasan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I would bet Adobe already has the format info under NDA. So maybe we will get at least a small update to Lr and Cr by mid December. It will be interesting to see what Lidar focusing does.