Apple is driving me crazy - looking for some new programs to sync with and remove duplicate photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumped

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
I am continuing to have duplicate photo issues, I believe due to syncing issues(then I was using Sierra and HighSierra and iTunes and now Catalina and Finder). Some 2 years ago I began to contact apple. I began to see photos being synced even though I hadn't made any changes to my picture folders. I am referring to photos outside of LR, not in Apple Photos app and not in the cloud. Pictures in directory structure on HD and organized in sub-folders always synced to devices(iPad and iPhone and Mac) using usb or lightning cable and iTunes or now Finder. For instance - if I were to connect iPhone to Mac and do a manual back up I would from time to time see activity that photos were being synced - sometimes 400, sometimes 1000 - varies - even though I had made no additions or changes to any of my photo folders. After many many hours of troubleshooting with apple, no solution was found and they could not explain the cause.

So the other day while looking on my iPhone photo app. in the generic apple Panoramas folder I had many duplicates. Upon further looking in other photos on my laptop I saw even more. the only difference I see is that 1 file has a "1" appended to the file name and 1 file has location coordinates and 1 does not.

So tired of this.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for a good duplicate photo finder for use outside of LR and a good program to use to sync pictures and music to iPhone and iPad from MacBook Pro?

I like Gemini, but be careful you don't use it on any of Lightroom's photo folders, as you could end up with a bunch of missing files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back