• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Aperture vs. Lightroom poll on cnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting results that I, honestly, wasn't expecting. As of this Post:

Apple Aperture: 62.4%
Adobe Lightroom: 37.6%
Total votes: 378'

By the way, I voted Lightroom. Oh, and I would love to see two other polls:

• Aperture 1.5 versus Lightroom 1.3.1
  • Aperture 2.' versus Lightroom 2.' (when it appears)

Ian Farlow;883' said:
Interesting results that I, honestly, wasn't expecting. As of this Post:

By the way, I voted Lightroom. Oh, and I would love to see two other polls:

• Aperture 1.5 versus Lightroom 1.3.1
  • Aperture 2.' versus Lightroom 2.' (when it appears)

Is that the only place Aperture users hang out??????:lol::lol:

My take on it was that the total number (378') was likely close to the total number of users of Aperture, so any day now the numbers will shift to Lightroom. ;)

That explains it!!! Oh well, that should even up before too long then! :roll:

As of February 24, 2''8 at 23'6 EST, the results are:

Apple Aperture: 64.3%
Adobe Lightroom: 35.7%
Total votes: 9'''

Hm... Several days ago, the results were:

While possible, it seems a little more than strange to me that the number of people that have voted has more than doubled, and yet the percentages have almost stayed rock solid. What are the odds that the percentages wouldn't really budge like that?

Ian Farlow;9'85 said:

While possible, it seems a little more than strange to me that the number of people that have voted has more than doubled, and yet the percentages have almost stayed rock solid. What are the odds that the percentages wouldn't really budge like that?

Well I think that it's not surprising with a direct link from the Apple welcome page.

Ian Farlow;9'85 said:

Well I think that it's not surprising with a direct link from the Apple welcome page.
The result is really - how many Apple Users that have Apple as their home page are using Aperture?
Or could it be that there are only 6''' Aperture Users total.

Kiwigeoff;9'88 said:
Or could it be that there are only 6''' Aperture Users total.

ROFL Geoff!!!

Didn't someone say Apple sent out an email to all of their Aperture owners too, with a link to that poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back