• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Aperture Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

apbtasso

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic Version 10.2 (CC)
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
A while back, I used the LR plugin to import a batch of old Aperture images (raw.) It worked exactly as many had described: moved at a good clip, then slowed more each day. The first batch took a week. I'm trying another batch now, but the import started very slow and after 3 weeks I have only about 30% imported. Obviously I need to stop the import. But when I reboot and try again, is there any way to pick up where I left off, or will I need to import the first 30% all over again?

John or Cletus, I believe you are somewhat familiar with this tool, Any advice for apbtasso?

I'm not sure what happens when you restart. But a workaround to this blatant performance bug is to split the Aperture library into chunks of no more than 5,000 photos each and then import the smaller libraries separately.

Alternatively, consider the Avalanche app -- a number of people have reported very good results using it to import into LR from Aperture.

Appreciate all the help. I did try Avalanche. But in the end, I learned that the plugin DOES pick up where you left off. So I just re-started every morning and took advantage of the faster times at the start. Project done. Really appreciate the tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back