• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Anything similar to Lr/Transporter for extended fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Hi folks,

I am trying to update my archive to support Google's 'licensable' badge scheme, so I need to put a link to my T&C's in the "Copyright Info URL" IPTC field, and, where possible, a link to the image on my website.

My current website is hosted by PhotoDeck and I can get the current Lr/Transporter plugin to get the gallery and photo ID from the PhotoDeck fields in my Lightroom catalogue, BUT... I only need the photoID - but it's incorporated into a : delimitted string, so the first half is the gallery ID (which I don't really need), then after the : is the photoID, which I can use to build a URL to open up that exact image in a browser..
So that eventual URL needs to go in the Copyright URL field in the Licensor array (I suppose the first/default set of data in the Licensor array).

My problem is that Lr/Transporter doesn't (to my knowledge) allow string manipulation, so I can't just select everything following the : in the third party plugin field, and secondly, it doesn't appear to allow you to choose the Licensor fields as the target destination for the changed metadata...

Does anyone have any how I could, as automated as possible, batch write to the licensor IPTC array, after splitting the string from the PhotoDeck plugin fields?

Many thanks in advance,

J.

Not sure if LrTransporter can write to licensor. If so, maybe manipulate the data first in Excel?

But you can look at my Search and Replace plugin which does string manipulation and can copy data to other fields. So LrTransporter would get data into LR, somewhere like Headline or Instructions, then Search and Replace changes and moves it. I'm not sure whether it can batch write that licensor array (these extension fields are rarely used).

Not sure if LrTransporter can write to licensor. If so, maybe manipulate the data first in Excel?

But you can look at my Search and Replace plugin which does string manipulation and can copy data to other fields. So LrTransporter would get data into LR, somewhere like Headline or Instructions, then Search and Replace changes and moves it. I'm not sure whether it can batch write that licensor array (these extension fields are rarely used).
Thanks for the reply John,

No, sadly LrTransporter can't write to the licensor fields directly..

Those extension fields are going to be very important now - after Google implemented the licensable badge scheme..

When Google displays images in search results now, if the following fields contain info, the image will have a badge displayed, which shows info on the license terms etc..

There's info on it here: Google Images SEO: License Metadata | Google Search Central

The Licensor:URL field needs to contain the URL to the actual page where the image can be licensed, and the Copyright Info URL needs to contain the URL of the license or copyright terms (such as a T&C's page).. The Copyright Info URL is required, the addition of the Licensor:URL field is highly recommended, as then it will take Google viewers straight to the page where they can license the image...

At a push, I can export all of the necessary metadata using LR/Transporter, then manipulate the resulting tab delimited file so I can create the URL's from the data pulled from the PhotoDeck plugin using LR/Transporter, then reimport the metadata - but alas - without LR/Transporter (or any other plugin) being able to write to the Licensor table, it's pointless..

Does anyone know of ANY plugin that will write to those extended fields?

Here's an example of some Google search results with the "licenseable badge" enabled.. these are performed by structured data on the web host though rather than embedded in the image.. I need them to be embedded in the image for when they're licensed and published OUTSIDE of my own website..

Click on the little badge you see at the bottom left of the images. In the preview on the right, you'll see "Get this image on: " with a link to the sales page, followed by a link to the terms and conditions page..

junction10.photography - Google Search

I think if there was a plugin that would be beneficial to virtually every Lightroom user, it would be one that allows them to take advantage of the Google Licensable Badge scheme, and to be able to build URL's in the Licensor URL field from other plugin data... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back