• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Anyone have any tips on a good digital photography magazine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumped

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
So awhile back I picked up a magazine called Digital Photography and liked it. I prefer a paper mag compared to iPad, electronic version etc., but decided to bite the bullet and try their digital subscription thinking I would be able to download the mag or read on their website. Ive never had a digital subscription so I was mucho disappointed to find that the only way to get the digital subscription was through their app (after paying - they didn't share that bit before ponying up). I hate apps! Soooo, does anyone have a favorite photography magazine they like that focuses on best practices and modes to use and practice with for digital 35mm ? Attached is the guide I picked up but the reg issue seemed good too. But I cant find it anymore in the US. I think its UK based.

Attachments

• IMG_1300.jpeg
    IMG_1300.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 188
You will likely need to check out many on-line. There are some that are specialized e,g, Outdoor Photography.

Also check out your library (if it's open). They will likely have some you can skim through.

My library provides access to tje on-line subscription service PressReader for magazines and papers which also include photography magazines. I know you prefer paper but with on-line, you have access to more than one paper subscription. With my library, they are all free!

There are also blogs. I daily check out PetaPixel and Fstoppers.

BTW, Zinio seems to be running a special of 2 years for the price of 1. Also photo mags were on sale.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 4.17.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 4.17.20 PM.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 4.17.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 4.17.03 PM.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 173
If you're mostly a Canon user I would suggest EOS magazine. It's quarterly on subscription, and is specific to, but independent of, Canon.

Thanks all.... For some reason I missed these last couple of replies I think.... So last Dec my son gave a sub to Outdoor Photography for Christmas. A paper sub. BUT - I never got it and they didn't reply to his requests - only refunded his money. He tried again, but through the magazine and not Amazon and I was suppose to start receiving it in April. So far, nothing!

Now ive resorted to just using the Libby app and reading on the iPad different mags digitally - but I still prefer paper....

The Digital Photography pic I posted above was, I think, a special periodical issue - not a regular magazine issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back