• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Publish Services Anyone else having issues reaching the the Jeffrey Friedl plug-in sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CedricBennett893

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Currently 11.2, about to go to 11.3 (now that the issue has been solved)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I honestly don't know if this is the right section, or even the right forum but since Jeffrey Friedl's plug-ins are mentioned throughout the "...Missing FAQ" book and I have used several of his plug-in's in the Publish function, I'm wondering what has happened to access to them? I generally don't have much problem getting around the web but for some time I've noted that all the links I try to get to his various pages are giving me a 407. I'm in the U.S., am not restricted in access to anything else I try but is something up, has the link changed in subtle way. Or am I the only one having this issue?

I honestly don't know if this is the right section, or even the right forum but since Jeffrey Friedl's plug-ins are mentioned throughout the "...Missing FAQ" book and I have used several of his plug-in's in the Publish function, I'm wondering what has happened to access to them? I generally don't have much problem getting around the web but for some time I've noted that all the links I try to get to his various pages are giving me a 407. I'm in the U.S., am not restricted in access to anything else I try but is something up, has the link changed in subtle way. Or am I the only one having this issue?
Working fine for me.

maybe your device doesn’t accept hppt-sites, only hppts.
regex.info seems to be hppt.
check your browser setting.
Franz

Thank you everyone, for letting me know. I'm beginning to think that my ISP isn't allowing access for some reason. I'll head over to Starbucks or similar to see it I can reach his site that way. Very much appreciate the help.

Thank you everyone, for letting me know. I'm beginning to think that my ISP isn't allowing access for some reason. I'll head over to Starbucks or similar to see it I can reach his site that way. Very much appreciate the help.
Cedric,

ISPs sometimes do weird things because they are trying to block known sources of spam but very not be very smart about it. The groups that publish lists of "known" spam sites have opaque and arbitrary rules. It's not worth going into details here because that would be so off-topic.

Just today I went for a medical appointment, and my Comcast email was blocked. I have no idea why, but periodically Comcast is blocked, and then it is unblocked. Rinse and repeat, as they say,

Microsoft 365 blocked purchase-confirmation emails from my shopping cart service to my plug-in customers for over a week, and first-line support was seemingly unable to communicate with the spam team.

Stories like these remind me that Adobe isn’t atypically dysfunctional, though every unhappy company is unhappy in its own way.

Cedric,

but very not be very smart about it. T
What happens when you do postings too late in the day.

... but are not very smart ...

Stories like these remind me that Adobe isn’t atypically dysfunctional, though every unhappy company is unhappy in its own way.
OT but: A Comcast second level Internet support person told me recently I needed to contact the "Outlook company." She did not know that Microsoft does Outlook, nor aware of the importance of Outlook as an email client. You can't make this stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back