• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Anyone else having increased "can't connect to Adobe servers" with Map module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Califdan

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi, Over the last couple of days, when I go over to the Map module I get "Unable to connect to Adobe Servers. Map Module will not work" error. Then a few hours later is works OK only to not work again a few hours after that or the next day.

Anyone else having similar issue?

Thanks -- Dan

At this instant, the Map module is working well for me. I'll ping it more frequently in the next couple of days to see what it looks like here.

Thanks John.

At the moment using Lr/Cloud Desktop App I can see a mini map for an image in the info panel and if click on one be taken to google Maps. But if I go to the Map Module in LrC for the same image, it says it can't connect to the server so it doesn't look like an Adobe server problem.

I just closed and re-started LrC and can now get to maps again so maybe just a passing gremlin (who came by 2 days in a row). Will keep watch and re-post if problem comes back.

Following on from this comment I thought I would check out Map Module. Have encountered two issues. First when opening Map Module screen is greyed out with just the photo count squares showing. Solved by moving the Map scale bar back and forth. Second issue I notice that some photos are now in two different Map locations miles apart. Might investigate later not huge user of the Map Module.
Rob

@johnrellis
thanks for the link. Doesn't seem to be my specific problem, but if Adobe was trying to fix that reported problem perhaps they had their Maps server offline for periods of time while they loaded new SW.

@Rob26
Thanks for looking at it and for your info. What you report seems to be different issues but troubling nonethat less

Maps is working OK for me so far today. As no one else seems to have my problem, it may very well be some sort of Internent glitch in my set up that for some reason was intermittent. But, it seems OK now so won't worry about it anymore unless it reoccurs.

thanks to all that looked into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back