• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The December 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic is just bug fixes and new cameras in this release, but it fixes a whole load of macOS Catalina issues.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options and direct import on iOS and the ability to contribute photos to someone else's account from the desktop/mobile apps.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

AnyFilter Plugin window size

joptimus

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello good morning,

I'm using AnyFilter plugin and I accidentally increase the window height beyond what I can see on my screen...including the settings button to change it back.
Any ideas, please? :)

Kind regards
John

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I am guessing that you set one or both of the column sizes too large and cannot now get to the gear (settings) at the bottom of the Filter window.

I took a look and I cannot find where that is stored so I suggest that you contact the developer using the email address here: AnyFilter Support

-louie

joptimus

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hello Louie,
yes I contacted the developer and he provided a workaround. I'll post it here in case others have the same problem.

"On Windows, it's straightforward to move a window using keyboard shortcuts, so you could move the Filter window up until the ⚙ (Settings) button is visible. But on Mac, that functionality is buried in the VoiceOver utility, and Mac won't let you move a window up so its title bar is off screen, so that wouldn't help you anyway.

Another workaround for both Mac and Windows is to click in the Filter window, use the Tab key to tab the keyboard focus to the ⚙ (Settings) button, and then hit Space, which opens the Settings window. It takes some trial and error to figure out when Tab moves the focus to the right button, since you can't see it :-< Also, on Mac, you need to the option System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Accessibility > Full Keyboard Access: All Controls.

I'll think about how Filter might handle this better. LR doesn't provide plugins with full capabilities over the size of windows (which is why you have to set the size manually in the first place). Worse, a LR bug causes the wrong display size to be reported to plugins, so Filter wouldn't be able to provide an accurate warning."