• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Any way to filter on white balance setting?

Brent Harsh

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic version: 9.3 [ 202005281810-476e492c ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm probably strange but I want to apply a metadata filter from the grid view to limit the selection to those images with White Balance of "As Shot" - any way?

Reason: I've started editing a batch of files, and realized that while my Nikon's auto WB usually does great, on this particular day and scene it's too cold (red sandstone). I never worry about WB in camera because I shoot raw so it's easy to fix with zero loss in LR. So, I really want to set Lightroom's white balance to be Daylight to give myself a good starting point. Unfortunately I've already edited about 40 of the images, so I *don't* want to blindly "sync" with those because this will definitely affect saturation levels and the toning I've already done. I thought I could just use the "unedited" filter (bottom right corner) but no, unforunately *all* images have had some kind of editing applied (don't remember doing that, but must have... probably an early sync all with clarity +10 or something).

If I could just filter this collection with a criteria of " WB value "as shot"" I'd then move to develop module, select all, modify one WB to Daylight, and then sync all with only WB checked, that would be perfect. Otherwise I'll be doing it one by one. I'll get started on that... but will keep my eyes open here to see if anybody knows a way.

Moral to self: pay more attention before working on single images... was in too much of a hurry.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
You'll have to use a plugin to search for white balance: Any Filter, Search Replace Transfer, or Data Explorer. Here's how to do it with Any Filter's Filter command:
1594361343590.png