• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Another new guy here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurie

Maurie
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi there Maurie from New Zealand here. I've been a LR user for as long as it's been around. And today I read on this site that Nikons Z lenses are supported - but I can't find them. I'm on LRC v10.0. Damned if I can find any Z lenses listed - Is there some devious hiding place ?

Nikon Z-lenses have embedded profiles. Lightroom automatically applies those profiles, so you should not try to apply a profile yourself. Leave that option unchecked in the Lens Corrections panel. You should see a note at the bottom of the panel that an embedded profile has been applied.

But welcome Maurie!

Nikon Z-lenses have embedded profiles. Lightroom automatically applies those profiles, so you should not try to apply a profile yourself. Leave that option unchecked in the Lens Corrections panel. You should see a note at the bottom of the panel that an embedded profile has been applied.
Thank you for that explanation

so I can’t choose to have no correction added to. RAW?

No, you can't. That has changed for some new cameras in LrC 10, but AFAIK the existing Nikon Z cameras are not among those.

With the Nikon NEFs, you have three options. "Built-in", "The Nikon Lens as reported by the camera", or you can uncheck the checkbox labeled "Enable Profile Corrections" in the Lens Corrections" section of Develop. That said, it only works correctly for the non Z lenses using the FTZ adapter. You may need to create a develop preset to apply on import to get the lens correction method of your choice applied on import. As Johan has said the Z lenses are built-in by the mfg and this is noted in the little (i) icon in the lower left of the Lens Correct panel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back