• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Another "I can't reinstall v6.14 thread!"

jerry12953

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
By being quite firm with the Adobe chat people I got a link to download LR6.14 yesterday so that I could re-install it on my new PC.

When it came to adding my serial number in order to instal it I got a message saying

"The serial number you provided is valid but a qualifying product could not be found on your computer"

This looks like a Catch 22 to me! But I've probably just done something wrong......

Any suggestions, please?

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
That sounds more likely that the serial number you used was for an upgrade from an earlier version.....and that (obviously) isn't installed on the new Mac. In those circumstances you are usually asked to enter the serial number of the "qualifying product" in addition to the LR6 serial number.

jerry12953

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
That worked fine. Thanks for your help.

Actually, I have a horrible feeling the difficult stuff starts now.............

jerry12953

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Well, I've managed to open LR using the current catalogue but during the move from my old PC to the new one the RAW files are now in a drive with a different serial letter.
So LR cant find them. Before I do anything silly, could you please explain what this (from the LR Queen's "how to" article) means, Jim?

"select Find Missing Folder from the context-sensitive menu, then navigate to the new location of that parent folder. As long as the names and structure of the subfolders haven’t changed, all of the subfolders are fixed at the same time."

It's the meaning of "navigate to the new location of that parent folder" I'd just like to clarify, if poss. Thanks.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Yes, if you have all your photos in a folder structure with a single top-level folder, right-click on that top level folder in the Folders Panel and select "Find Missing Folder" from the context menu. A file browser window opens, which you use to navigate to the actual folder which is on the same drive (but different drive letter). Select that folder and job done. You are basically telling Classic to stop looking for the folders on the drive (letter) that it thought there were on, instead please look at this different drive (letter).

If you have more than one top-level folder, you'll need to repeat for each one.