• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Another Adobe price increase thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Did you turn it off and on again?
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR8
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Attachments

• Untitled 2.jpeg
    Untitled 2.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 206
  • Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 214
In the first file on the previous post I showed results from the LR only plan. Here is the Photo Plan.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 212
Nothing new here, it's exactly the same split testing we talked about before.

This particular test involves testing photography plans with higher levels of storage. If you’d like to purchase the 20GB plan, go to Adobe Checkout, or via phone at 1-800-585-0774 or at major retailers.

Edited with updated information.

Last edited:
Adobe sure knows how to stir things up. The usual bloodbath on other sites. If you want some test marketing Adobe feeddback here it is. I really like your products but I if you ever double my subscription I'll drop you in a heart beat. :)

Well, to make sure, I just bought a 12 month license key from B&H and added it to my subscription. should be good to go for a bit.

Additional information added to my post above.

Yep, I'd read about the "test" and that you could still get the current plan price. If mine wasn't about to auto-renew, I would have waited and watched. However, I didn't want to be the edge case that auto-renewed on the next plan up. It was simple enough to just buy the 12 month code from B&H and not worry. I'm a happy guy and can sit back and see how this shakes out now.

Okay, if this is just "testing the waters" so to speak to see if people want 1tb instead of 20gb for double the price then it should be just another option and right next to it should be the 20gb photographers plan for $9.99 as that is still being offered - or so it seems. Hiding the less expensive plan to see if anyone is willing to shell out twice the money than they (perhaps) need to is deceptive advertising plain and simple and Adobe should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree with that however I think a lot of people do check in forums about any product these days. Still kinda low.

Adobe needs to send their product managers/ marketing managers back to school.
I have managed groups like these, and they are setting off down a bad road where recovery may not be easy, or even possible.
Corporations are tightening their belts. Individual hobbyist photographers can change their workflow.
Market leaders & influencers are just not the vocal ones with the websites. Local Photography clubs all have them, and these are the ones who often make the final recommendations. And many of them are not happy campers today.
I have not switched yet - but I am prepared to. If my price doubles, then I will make the changes I need to.

Okay, if this is just "testing the waters" so to speak to see if people want 1tb instead of 20gb for double the price then it should be just another option and right next to it should be the 20gb photographers plan for $9.99 as that is still being offered - or so it seems. Hiding the less expensive plan to see if anyone is willing to shell out twice the money than they (perhaps) need to is deceptive advertising plain and simple and Adobe should be ashamed of themselves.
Cannot agree strongly enough.

This sort of A/B testing might have been effective when markets were truly isolated, that is people in Market 1 were not aware of pricing in Market 2, and vice versa. But those days are long over. I live in California, USA, and in minutes, I can check the price of a Nikon 850 on Amazon and at many stores on three different continents. Surely the pricing/marketing people at Adobe are aware of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back