• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Android to Classic - ongoing syncing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashina

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightoom Classic v.10.
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. Android
Hello

I know there have been other threads about this issue, but everyone seems to have a slightly different experience.
I'd had problems with the Android app itself, but now (on a new phone) that seems to be sorted.
Any photos/collections in my desktop catalogue which I choose to sync with the Cloud sync perfectly.
Photos (of any type, from any source) appear fine in the Android app, and upload fine to the Web app.
But they never appear in LrC. LrC shows 58 pending synced images.

I'm sorry to raise this ugly issue again - are there any known fixes or is this still a known issue? It's been an issue for me since about July 2020.
I'm posting this while I wait for help from the Adobe web chat ;-)
Thank you!

Replying to my own query, as it might help others.
I spent about two hours screen sharing with two different Adobe helpdesk people. Neither of them could figure out what the problem was.
The first one tried to convince me that as long as there were missing photos in my catalogue, my LR mobile files would not sync. After relocating or deleting 222 missing files (our of 36,000), I disproved that theory.
The second person more or less went through the same guesswork steps, then ended up convincing me to use the new catalogue he'd set up, which I did. It all seems to be working now, though of course he didn't bother checking that I had both Adobe Stock and Flickr publish services connected. I'm now concerned that reconnecting these might cause something to go awry, so am waiting for further help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back