Amending camera name in meta? Possible or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMusicMan

Hi Everyone

I have a strange issue in that when I view my Metadata filters in the Library module, I see some very strange Camera names used. These, I believe, are tiff images that have been processed by launching PhotomatixPro from within Lightroom. I don't understand why the camera metadata isn't brought back into LR once PhotomatixPro has finished - alas, the below screenshot is an example of what I get.

20120702-xh3kce6jx5jh3kat4q6pm7p73h.jpg

So, I am wondering if there is a way to amend the exif for these images to reflect the camera I used to take the shot?

Possible...?

Those are some very bizarre names! Can you filter to just show those photos, to double check whether it was Photomatix that mangled the metadata. If it was, try using http://regex.info/exif.cgi to double check what the metadata actually says. If it's definitely wrong, then something like EXIFtool would be your best bet for editing it.

Last edited:
Hi Victoria

Yep - I can filter and look at those pics and it was def PhotomatixPro that seems to have done it!

I'll take a look at EXIFTool as you suggest.

Thanks.

Woah!

On second thoughts, after looking at EXIFTool, I think I'll tolerate those bizarre names, Victoria... :)

Unix, Terminal, shell commands.... eeeeeeeek!!

Oh, you're right, I always forget about Mac users, sorry! But surely there must be a more user-friendly Exif tool for OS X as well?
I haven't found it. EXIFtoolGUI is something I miss from making my recent transition to OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back