• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Already in Catalog Photo

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Operating System
Windows 10
Today I noticed in the Library module in the left panel under Catalog there is a folder "Already In Catalog" with one photo. I can locate the photo in File Explorer and go to the folder in the library. It is a photo that was imported in 2014, and I updated keywords and other metadata on June 1, 2020. The photo resides on an external drive. If I right-click on "Already In Catalog" I get a "Remove this Temporary Collection" option. I haven't done any imports in weeks. Should I use the "Remove this Temporary Collection" option or is there something else I can do to find why it is in this collection? I've thought of removing the photo from the catalog and reimporting it, but I'm not sure that would fix the problem. Thanks in advance.

Gary

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I've done some more research and have learned that LR creates different Temporary Collections after specific tasks are performed. For example, Missing Photographs is created after Find All Missing Photos is performed and Invalid DNG Files is created after Validate DNG Files is performed. It is safe to remove them, which is what I did for Already In Catalog.
I may have found how the photo was put in the Already In Catalog Temporary Collection. About a month ago I created a new Import preset and modified an old one. I may have clicked on Import after working on one of the presets and this photo was selected at that time. Everything is good now.