• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

After PS action, image not re-imported into LR, but will re-import manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

reidthaler

Reid
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
My action is a simple drop shadow action. I included a Save step at the end, but the image doesn't get re-imported in Lightroom.

If I turn off the save step in the action and manual go to file|save, it does get re-imported. Why? I thought I could run and action and have the image re-imported.

thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks,

Reid

Reid

How are you launching the action? I assume you are doing a Ctrl E to open in PS, then launching the action manually. My guess is that the Save step must be breaking the BridgeTalk that LR uses to hold onto a reference to the file after it's gone to Photoshop - but that is a guess.

Would this work? Save the action as a droplet, and set that up as an external editor.

John

I've done both the droplet approach, and edit in PS.

The action is running and the file is modified with the droplet, but just not re-imported. Does it have to be in the same folder as the original? I think I've tried that already.

I can just re-import, but it would be nice to just have it work.

Reid

I've got the droplet in my export actions folder. In the export box, at the bottom under post processing, I have the drop shadow droplet selected

See what happens when you set it up as an external editor instead - one you can launch via Edit With.

John

as in open in another application and selections the droplet? doesn't work either. Would a Lightroom re-install be worth a thought?

Reid

I am able to do this-but through the export module.

I have an PS action which removes green-screen (chroma-key). It is set up as a PS Droplet. I can execute the droplet as an After Export: Post Processing step in the Export Dialog. The Add to This Catalog check box ensures it comes back into the catalog.

I think the "The Add to This Catalog check box ensures it comes back into the catalog" is key. Mine isn't checked, but I thought LR was supposed to auto re-import. I'm running an action and will try when I'm doner

didn't make a difference. I think I'll try the version of lr on my back up operating system and see if it makes a difference.

Looks like lr is re-importing them, as I can find them in folder panel. They just don't show up in Collections with the droplet.

They would only show up in smart collections. However, if you set things up to go through Edit With, then I suspect they would show up in dumb collections too (but haven't tested)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back