• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

After installing Win 10 on a new drive Lightroom does not work anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have reinstalled Win 10 and now when I start Lightroom there are 2 messages shown:

GOkC505.png

BTwObsO.png

When I click "Library"
6pcuZdC.png

this is shown:
YV0XVbA.png

What do I have to do to make Lightroom work?

Yes, yes, of course, I have installed Lightroom (and other programs) on the new drive as well.

Yes, yes, of course, I have installed Lightroom (and other programs) on the new drive as well.
Just wanted to make sure. I did a quick search on google as I am not familiar with the dialog box you received, and below are some of the responses that came up. I cannot vouch for any of the proposed remedies, but I think that reading about them may help.

msvcr100.dll is missing - Google Search

If msvcr100.dll is missing, here's how to fix it.

Have an Msvcr100.dll Error? Here's How to Fix It

Somebody else may be familiar with this message, so you may want to give it a bit more time before taking any action. Sorry I cannot offer any more assistance.

Good luck,

--Ken

Thank you very much!

Yes, I had found such before, but I do not know to which folder I should copy the dlls (there are other ones missing, too) and which one of the versions offered there I should use.

No no, no reason to say sorry, many thanks Ken.

In addition to the links from Replytoken, here is an official one from Adobe-
Error MSVCR110.dll opening Adobe Creative Cloud apps in Windows 10

Note- that you install the complete {Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable } package- not just {MSVCR100 .dll.}
And you require a 64bit computer system to run Lightroom Classic- so a 64bit version of the Visual-C++.

Myself also not familiar with the problem- I hope you get it solved.

Thank you very much!

This Visual C version - from the page your link leads to - seems to be an update or is it a full version:
Solution

From Microsoft:

"This error appears when you want to run a software which requires the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012. The redistributable can easily be downloaded on the Microsoft website as x86 or x64 edition. Depending on the software you want to install, you need to install either the 32 bit or the 64-bit version."

See the following link: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

Do I have to download this version at first: Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update from Official Microsoft Download Center
And after the version / the update above?

OK, not familar, yes, so I will just try it, I guess.

Unless you are seeing something different to me-
I can only suggest you click the 'Download' link.
You would select {VSU_4\vcrdist_x64.exe] and this being an executable file- double-click the file to 'run' and install it, after it has downloaded.
I note there are a few 'drop-down' links with more information.

Alright, I will try it with VSU_4\vcrdist_x64.exe , thank you.

After installing that file, program this message appears after starting Lightroom:
MtXsKYj.png

Besides of that Lightroom looks like usual now.

"May be one of those versions are needed: "
Getting beyond my expertise now, you will need further advice from more knowledgeable people, or contact Adobe Support.

If you want to tackle it yourself, my only other suggestion is-
Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to wipe all Adobe programs off your computer (have backups of your catalogs and Presets, etc)
Then reinstall the CC Desktop App to re-install Lr, Ps, Br.
Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

And- update to Classic v8.1

Alright, I guess, I will try that cleaner, many thanks!

Yes, and update to 8.1. I assume, there are not that many changes / enhances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back