• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

After importing to update various folders I find that all the photos are now in one folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeezy

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 11.3.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi, not seen this before and hope someone can help please.
Win 10 Pro x64 Lightroom Classic 11.3.1
I store my phots by Year and Monthly sub directories.
I have just been importing and updating each month this year from my telephone. Each directory was there with some photos in already.
Having completed the 6 months I then went to take a look and I just have January correctly filled and all the others are now in February, the other four months have disappeared.
Before I spend time moving by hand and possibly creating other problems I wonder if there is a quick way to resolve this?

Cheers
David

I can't quite follow your steps Squeezy. Were the photos already in Lightroom? Or these were new photos that you were adding? Through the import dialog or another way?

Hi,
I already had the six folders, Jan to June, with some photos imported in to each.
I then started to import the extra photos, one month at a time, in to each folder.
I then wanted to edit some in the June folder, but it had disappeared, and all that was left was January with some in, and February with all the photos from the other 'missing' months.
Just checked again and Feb has the photos from june ......

Where were the extra photos? If they were already in those dated folders, I suspect you maybe chose Move instead of Add in the import dialog. You can filter by date and just drag them back to the right folders though.

Where were the extra photos? If they were already in those dated folders, I suspect you maybe chose Move instead of Add in the import dialog. You can filter by date and just drag them back to the right folders though.
Hi, sorry for the delay but have been away.
I just tried to import a few more photos and the 4 missing months are not on the left of the screen, but when I select Import it offers me all 6 months.
Help again please.
David

All the missing photos are in the February folder so created a new June folder and tried to drag a phot to June but it says it already exists.
Getting more confused now.

It's not quite clear what you've done and how you've ended up in that state. So let's simplify this... can you grab some screenshots of:
1. The Folders panel
2. The same dated folders in Windows Explorer.

I think my earlier guess was right, but you might have chosen Copy instead of my original Move guess.

Oh I should also ask again, where were the "extra photos" you were originally trying to add? Were they already in the dated folders in Explorer but not showing in Lightroom?

Hi,

001 are the folders where I store the photos. All seems correct.
I was adding 6 months of photos from my telephone, the others already there were from my Nikon.
Normally I run Import and it just selects those not already imported.
002 is where I want to import from, on the left.
003 is after I select import it offers me these o the right of the screen.

The names are in French as I am in France...
Probably quicker to delete all from Lightroom catalogue and re import all??

Many thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 62
Probably quicker to delete all from Lightroom catalogue and re import all??
Only if you haven't done any editing or added metadata. If they're untouched, then yes, that's probably quickest.

If you have done editing, we'll come up with a plan.

It seems some photos now in the Feb 2022 folder include some from November 2021
I have had quite a few machine crashes lately and cannot find what is causing them.
I have given up and all the components to build a super new machine arrive tomorrow.
When that is up and running then I will see what I can do to move the photos - great fun.

Many thanks for your help.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back