• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

After clicking "Snychronize folder" "Folder not available" is shown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
After clicking "Snychronize folder" and confirming the window after this message appears:
ITXoOeb.png

What for is this folder not available needed? What does Lightroom store in it? Can I set a path somewhere in Lightroom to the folder I want to be used for this? Do one has to keep that folder or does it matter if it will be removed?

For the User named "Administrator" the \Users\Administrator\Pictures folder would be the usual folder for Lightroom to store images. The Second reference to the "Pictures" folder. In the warning message is probably telling you that you are (Probably) logged on as some other User other than Administrator and the user that you are logged in as does not have write permission to the \Users\Administrator\Pictures folder.

For the User named "Administrator" the \Users\Administrator\Pictures folder would be the usual folder for Lightroom to store images.
What images? I thought, import images means to save their locations and their data in the Lightroom catalog. And the images I export / save go to another folder. And preview images are stored with the catalog, I thought.

How could I change the path?

When you import images, you (Usually) copy or move them from a Source location to a target destination . The default target destination is a folder in the current logged in users Picture folder. If you do this logged is its Administrator the folder is in the path \Users\Administrator\Pictures. If you log in as a different user then the default storage location is \Users\[someOtherUser]\Pictures. Windows does not normally permit one user to have write access to another users home folders.
From the looks of the original message, it appears that you were not logged in as the Administrator when you tried to synchronize the folders in \Users\Administrator\Pictures.

Very sorry, I do not understand at all.

I had added / moved the (new) photos to the destination folder (already available in Lightroom) on an external drive I: and want to keep them there. I pressed "Snychronize folders" and would think the new images in that folder would be "imported", so made available in Lightroom / in the Lightroom catalog. Why are (these) photos moved to C: instead obviously?

Here is no image:
WpljIXq.png

adaMjye.png

What pictures folder is meant? How can I move these photos back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back