• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Adobe plan clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobT

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR6.14
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm thinking of biting the bullet and upgrade from LR6 to LR Classic however I find Adobe's plans a little confusing. I really want only LR Classic but the only plan they offer seems to include Photoshop, LR and LR Classic + 20GB for $14.29/m. Is that the only way to get LR Classic?

Solution
Yes, that's correct. The only other option is to pay twice the amount to increase the cloud storage to 1TB (but it sounds as though you won't want that).

There is no need to install the products you don't want.
Yes, that's correct. The only other option is to pay twice the amount to increase the cloud storage to 1TB (but it sounds as though you won't want that).

There is no need to install the products you don't want.

Solution
Thanks for that :)

When did it go to $14.29 from 9.99? Is that Canadian dollars? I just checked the Adobe Website and it still says $9.99 (I'm in California).

When did it go to $14.29 from 9.99? Is that Canadian dollars? I just checked the Adobe Website and it still says $9.99 (I'm in California).
That'll be Australian dollars.

Thanks for that :)
LR is the mobile version. It automatically sends your files to the cloud. I have never installed it. LR Classic is like version as LR6 (with more features) that requires local file storage. You can sync files to the could if you want to. If you do it Classic only sends smart previews. While people have found workarounds to use both the intent is to use one or the other. As Victoria once stated they both want to be the boss. :) Just something to keep in mind.

You should check out the new Auto and ISO Adaptive preset features in Classic. For the ISO Adaptive preset - Texture, Clarity, Dehaze, Sharpening, Detail, Masking, NR all auto apply at import based on my settings for a files ISO. Lens corrections and CA also applied at import. Between the two I can edit files in seconds if I need to.

That'll be Australian dollars.
I was just going to say that but you beat me to it. As for Canadian currency it costs me about $13.50. I subscribe to it for $9.99 US but after Visa converts it.

Yep, Aussie dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back