• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Adobe Lightroom Pictures and Catalog on One Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael.Holmes

Lightroom Version Number
Classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. macOS 11 Big Sur
Hello
Has anyone had any issues hosting both pictures and catalog on a One Drive? My scenario is I like to edit pics with two different devices Mac an d PC -I just want to make sure by doing that i don't end up having 3 copies of each picture -1 on pc 1 one mac and the other on ondrive -previews are ok

If you put the images and the catalog file on an external drive formatted ExFAT (FAT32) then. Both Windows and Mac can read and write to it. If the images are in a sub folder of the catalog folder, then the Absolute path contains a Windows drive letter is ignored and the relativePath is the same for Lightroom on the PC and the Mac.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to do this with two Windows machines. Never tried with two platforms.

The only issue is make sure all syncing has finished, or you get conflicts and possibly corruption.

Tim

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

If you put the images and the catalog file on an external drive formatted ExFAT (FAT32) then. Both Windows and Mac can read and write to it. If the images are in a sub folder of the catalog folder, then the Absolute path contains a Windows drive letter is ignored and the relativePath is the same for Lightroom on the PC and the Mac.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do the same if you decide to use OneDrive. If the pictures are not inside the catalog folder, then you will get 'missing pictures' each time you switch from one computer to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back