• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Develop module Adobe Lens Profile Downloader cannot install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel F

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Windows 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): 5.7.1

Hello

Just realised my most used lens, a Nikon AF-P 70-300 G-ED VRII, is too recent to be included in the Lens Correction Profiles. I downloaded and installed Adobe Air, successfully and downloaded
Adobe_Lens_Profile_Downloader_1_0_1.air from Adobe - Adobe Lens Profile Downloader : For Windows : Adobe Lens Profile Downloader 1.0.1 : Thank You. However, when I click on this file I get the following message:

"The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

This has happened on both my PC (Windows 10 Professional) and my laptop (Windows 10 Home).

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any other method? I thought it would be a case of Googling my lens, downloading the profile and dragging it into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0\Nikon?? So far, all I can discover online is that I need this Lens Profile Downloader which won't even run!

Thanks so much for your time in reading the above, whether or not you can help with this.

Nigel F

Hello Ad Astra.
Thanks for your reply. It's the Lens Profile Downloader I need, not the Creator.

Ad Astra, he says he did.

I had a similar problem trying to download and install a program that used a .msi file. Windows kept telling me that the file was damaged. It installed OK on a different Windows 10 machine, and I was never able to make it work on the machine I wanted it on. Is this a .msi installation package?

2017-11-13 17_59_04-Microsoft Store.png

Is that going to work with Lightroom anyway? I thought they had to release lens updates with LR updates, kind of like they do for ACR updates.

I am not saying it won't, just asking, in case it's a dead end path anyway? (otherwise why do they include lenses in the new versions?)

Could your MSI issue be 32/64 bit issues or some such? Check the date, maybe it predates windows 10/8/etc. THe calibration profile editor for example is awfully old, and has not been re-done in many years.

I ran across this video when Googling the issue:

Simple Fix for Windows Installation Error

Essentially, the author is describing how to run the .MSI file w/ MSIEXEC. By creating a command batch file (.BAT) you can drag/drop the .MSI file onto the .BAT in Windows Explorer. He also covers a exception case / workaround when you need to extract a .MSI from a bootstrapper .EXE wrapper (but you can ignore that in your case.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back