Adobe Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Does anyone know what's going on with the Adobe Forums? They've been set back to the old forum, the most recent post dating from September and they've been that way all day.

They have indeed rolled back to the old forum setup. I guess it proves that even big companies can have IT problems! Too many problems with the other forum software, so I heard.

I am seeing posts dated today though. Here's the main forum: http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc2cf'a/

and a subforum containing all of last weeks posts on the other software:
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bca26ec/[email protected]@
with this note:
lightroom last week
This folder is an experiment.

It includes all the threads that had messages posted in it during the attempt to launch a new forum interface.
It is read-only because I wasn't sure how the data would import and what names would be attached. Most names will be missing or will show numeric IDs because of the different login system that was in place during the forum project.

I also figured that there would probably a number of duplicate threads for disucssions that had started before September 24. So please use this folder as an archive that you can search through. But post new messages in the main Ligtroom Forum.

If this works out we will look at trying to restore other product forums starting next week.

Thanks!

John

Anyway, we don't mind anymore, because we've got a great forum here! :D

Well ...... I think I will just hang out here until Adobe smooths out the bumps ... It's been great on this forum so far. I't refreshing to see polite, thoughtful and helpful posts that everyone can benefit from. Not always the case at the Adobe U2U. :)

Well we're very pleased to have you here, and the more people who join us, the more fun we'll have.

We aim to keep this nice and friendly, and we will be moderating posts accordingly. That said, we also won't be attacking the U2U forums - they are all very good sources of information.

Well ...... I think I will just hang out here until Adobe smooths out the bumps ... It's been great on this forum so far. I't refreshing to see polite, thoughtful and helpful posts that everyone can benefit from. Not always the case at the Adobe U2U. :)

Thanks Butch for your generous post. Any suggestions would be welcome.
We aim not to knock others and provide positive input and assistance.

I have been referring this forum to several posters with questions and problems about LR on some other photography boards I frequent. Hopefully this board will grow and continue the in the manner it has so far. It's amazing some of the questions users raise about LR. Some are quite interesting in that they are seeking methods I had never considered and would like to implement as well. Can't wait to see what's around the next corner.

Well done Butch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back