• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module Adjustment Brush not always working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumo

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
My Adjustment Brush in LR5 is very hit and miss - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I get it to work by clicking on Spot Removal then returning to it. I may need to do that 7 out of 10 times.
Any suggestions how I can get rid of this annoying quirk?
Thanks

Thanks Hal

Step by step ...
Click on AB > set preferences > (exp / satur / etc.).
On using it there's no change. Checking the "show selected mask overlay" box confirms the AB is inactive.
Close AB
Open Spot Removal and use on smallest setting.
Close SR and/or go directly to AB which now works.

Thanks

A really long shot Sumo, but are the Density and Flow settings turned right up?

Thanks Victoria
Density and Flow are already 100%.

Guess I'll just have to accept this irritation.
Thanks

If it was a current version, we'd suggest reporting it as a bug. However I haven't heard reports like that recently, so it may be a bug that has since been fixed. It's 4 years since Lightroom 5 was last updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back