• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Adjustment brush - erase problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashina

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 7.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Greetings
I've just started using the adjustment brush (No idea why it has taken me so very long...!)

I understand the principles, and have been testing the results (fine!), but am having difficulty erasing areas accidentally brushed. I have tried the various ways of erasing (selecting erase / using Alt), but the highlighted brush/mask just won't budge. I only have one mask. I have tried brushing and erasing with Auto mask on and off but get the same (non) result.

I am sure it's simple... any ideas please?

Many thanks
Sashina

Check settings like density and flow. If these are very low, it will take multiple brush strokes to build up the effect.

Here's a screenshot... hopefully my error will be obvious?! (I added even more pink... didn't start out quite so drastic!)
Thanks
Sashina
ElCap_brush_sml.jpg
ElCap_brush_sml.jpg

Sorry - that was just the setting when I went back in. I have chosen the eraser, and also tried using Alt+brush.

Hi Johan
I've just got it to work... I think I didn't realise that the flow settings for add and erase were separate.
Fixed.
Cheers
Sashina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back