Adding text under multiple pictures in print module

Status
Not open for further replies.

4geezs

Premium Classic Member
In the print module i use the custom page set up to bring in 3 pictures of friends on one page. Is there any way to but captions under each picture. I'm so frustrated. This seems like a no brainer to me for this kind of program. I'm new to lightroom 3 and really love what it can do. Please help.

I don't believe so with Custom packages, you can place a feature request using the link in the menu Bar at the top of this page. It would be useful IMHO.

There is a workaround: if you use a plugin like LR/Mogrify, you can export your picture with for example a white border underneath it, and then let Mogrify add a caption on that white border. Reimport those pictures into the catalog (you can have Lightroom do so automatically in the export dialog) and put those into your custom package. I know it's convoluted and I hope it won't be necessary in LR4, but it can help you out in the mean time. And you can choose the color, font, size, ... The advantage is that you just have to put in the captions in Lightroom, and there's no need to retype them in Photoshop or another program. All you need is LR/Mogrify, which is donationware.

There is a workaround: if you use a plugin like LR/Mogrify, you can export your picture with for example a white border underneath it, and then let Mogrify add a caption on that white border. Reimport those pictures into the catalog (you can have Lightroom do so automatically in the export dialog) and put those into your custom package. I know it's convoluted and I hope it won't be necessary in LR4, but it can help you out in the mean time. And you can choose the color, font, size, ... The advantage is that you just have to put in the captions in Lightroom, and there's no need to retype them in Photoshop or another program. All you need is LR/Mogrify, which is donationware.
Thanks for that, not ideal, but doable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back