• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • The February 2020 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic has a brand new Defaults system, the ability to set a specific monitor for the secondary window and PSB format support. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has the ability to import presets on Android, DNG export and Split View support on iPadOS. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.

adding text to photos in Print Module

martha2

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic version: 7.3 [ 1164630 ]
Operating System
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I am designing a greeting card and want to add text. I am using LR PRINT to create the cards that are laid out as 3 square 5"x5" folding cards on an 11"x17" sheet. Is there any way to add text to each of these cards as part of the print process? If this can't be done in LR is there an add-in of any sort that could help me do this? I know that PS can do this but I am not skilled in PS. Thanks for any help!

Hoggy

Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
LR doesn't allow text to be added except for contact-sheet type of stuff.
There is a plug-in called "Mogrify" that should be able to do it. I haven't used it personally, though.

dasuess

dasuess
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I have doing folded greeting cards for years and print on Red River card stock. I am on a Mac and use Pages after exporting an image from LR. In Pages you can precisely place the image, add text, rotate the text, etc. I have noticed that with recent OSX update (not sure which) the cards print ever so slightly off center, so I generate PDF of the card and print with Preview.

If you are on a PC, I would assume you could do this in Word.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob_B

Deniably Plausible
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
5.x
Also, Red River has photoshop templates that assist in making greeting cards with text. The templates are free for download, should you wish to check them out.