Adding stroke in border, outside image area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jon DeVaul

I have roughly a 2" white border around my image area on my prints. I place a 4px stroke line about 1/4" out from my image, into the white border. I do this in CS3, but was wondering if it was possible to do it in LR. Thanks, Jon.

ps, I have a portfolio over at www.photoshopuser.com if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about. I'm never sure if I explain myself correctly:roll:

If for print make a transparent TIff or png in the right aspect ratio and use it as you Id Plate over the image. You can do frames this way. See Lightroom-Extra.com for frames to download.

Don

Don, thanks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I may have a problem in that each image has different dimensions, and my black line follows each individual image area, so a pre-set made from one image, wouldn't necessarily work on the next one. In PS I do everyone of them individually according to image size, so I was just hoping to do the same in LR-set guides, use the rec.marque, add stroke. I won't go crazy if I have to continue doing it in PS, but I'm now enjoying doing all my editing in LR, and only use PS for special effects/filters, etc. Again thanks, Jon.

I see it this way. LR strokes borders outside the image always and contracts the image to fit inside. Is this what you want/mean?
I know how PS works with the two options, it appears that LR is stroke outside with the variation of contracting the image.

I see it this way. LR strokes borders outside the image always and contracts the image to fit inside. Is this what you want/mean?
I know how PS works with the two options, it appears that LR is stroke outside with the variation of contracting the image.
I know that LR strokes the border outside, but it's right up against the image, and I would like that little bit of white between the image and stroke line.
Do you mean that once I stroke the border, I could then pull the image in/away from the stroke 1/4" without the stroke coming in also. If that's possible, how do I "shrink" my image once I "stroke" it. Thanks, Jon.

I know that LR strokes the border outside, but it's right up against the image, and I would like that little bit of white between the image and stroke line.
Do you mean that once I stroke the border, I could then pull the image in/away from the stroke 1/4" without the stroke coming in also. If that's possible, how do I "shrink" my image once I "stroke" it. Thanks, Jon.
I can't think of a way to have a "double" border as you want at the moment. The image can't be dragged in in print that I know of. I will look into this further and see what I can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back