• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Adding stroke in border, outside image area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jon DeVaul

I have roughly a 2" white border around my image area on my prints. I place a 4px stroke line about 1/4" out from my image, into the white border. I do this in CS3, but was wondering if it was possible to do it in LR. Thanks, Jon.

ps, I have a portfolio over at www.photoshopuser.com if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about. I'm never sure if I explain myself correctly:roll:

If for print make a transparent TIff or png in the right aspect ratio and use it as you Id Plate over the image. You can do frames this way. See Lightroom-Extra.com for frames to download.

Don

Don, thanks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I may have a problem in that each image has different dimensions, and my black line follows each individual image area, so a pre-set made from one image, wouldn't necessarily work on the next one. In PS I do everyone of them individually according to image size, so I was just hoping to do the same in LR-set guides, use the rec.marque, add stroke. I won't go crazy if I have to continue doing it in PS, but I'm now enjoying doing all my editing in LR, and only use PS for special effects/filters, etc. Again thanks, Jon.

I see it this way. LR strokes borders outside the image always and contracts the image to fit inside. Is this what you want/mean?
I know how PS works with the two options, it appears that LR is stroke outside with the variation of contracting the image.

I see it this way. LR strokes borders outside the image always and contracts the image to fit inside. Is this what you want/mean?
I know how PS works with the two options, it appears that LR is stroke outside with the variation of contracting the image.
I know that LR strokes the border outside, but it's right up against the image, and I would like that little bit of white between the image and stroke line.
Do you mean that once I stroke the border, I could then pull the image in/away from the stroke 1/4" without the stroke coming in also. If that's possible, how do I "shrink" my image once I "stroke" it. Thanks, Jon.

I know that LR strokes the border outside, but it's right up against the image, and I would like that little bit of white between the image and stroke line.
Do you mean that once I stroke the border, I could then pull the image in/away from the stroke 1/4" without the stroke coming in also. If that's possible, how do I "shrink" my image once I "stroke" it. Thanks, Jon.
I can't think of a way to have a "double" border as you want at the moment. The image can't be dragged in in print that I know of. I will look into this further and see what I can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back